Apr 5, 2010

Happy Easter


Dear Family,
Thanks for all of the wonderful e-mails. I really enjoyed reading them. My easter sunday was a different sort of rejoicing as we had opened our fast on saturday around lunch time. 
Last week I had a special switch-offs with Elder Milton. I was able to help invite in his area for the majority of three days. It was good to switch-off with an old companion of mine. We enjoyed talking about things that we learned from the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  We talked about different ways that we could improve our work to make it more sacred. Then we had the oportunity to apply those things that we talked about. We imediately noticed the difference in the power of our inviting. I believe that as we strive to make the things that we do more sacred that the Lord will pour out marvelous blessings. That's how it's been for me. The area that we are in has been struggling for quite some time. I took especial care to notice how the branch was doing and what things that we could possibly do to improve the work here in Srisaket during church. Elder Milton and I had the opportunity to talk about those things that we could do to help. It is very clear that the most important thing in our lives right now is finding the Holy Spirit and being worthy of His divine direction. Naturally we cannot force other people to change. It must start with us first, and then as we excercise faith the Holy Spirit will work through us to accomplish God's will for the Branch. I am amazed at what a great influence just a few people can have. The Scriptures are full of great examples of that. Tomorrow will be zone conference and Elder Pituporn and I will get to take part in teaching our zone.  I was asked to speak about The Power and Authority of your Calling. I'm glad to be able to help teach other missionaries about that power, which power is the power of the Holy Spirit.
Naturally we are excited for General Conference again. We are telling the world that the Prophet is about to speak to us God's holy will. That's pretty awesome.  Being a witness of God is a great joy.
Lately has been especialy hot and humid. Usually I can tell if a storm is comming early because it will become extreemly humid outside.
I love you all very very much. We were blessed with such an awesome family. I enjoy hearing about how great you guys are doing and how much fun you are having back home.
Sometimes I remind myself that I am in Thailand just to absorb how awesome that is and how much I love this place. It's not hard to put myself and other missionaries into a good mood. All I have to do is think... I'm in Thailand. :p
My prayers are for you all.
Love,
Elder Lilly

No comments: