Apr 19, 2010

Package has arrived!


Dear Family,
 
Yaaay I'm so glad that y'all got the package I sent. The Pakamas are way sabaay (comfortable).
 
My investigators are doing great. Nang just passed her baptismal interview last saturday. She's ready to get baptised this sunday. I think that the baptism can help to really pick the work up  here in Srisaket as well because to put it simply... the power of godliness is manifest in the ordinances of the church.  Most people who see a baptism end up getting baptised themselves. :) We will do our best to make it a spiritual baptism.
 
Today has been excellent. We spent almost all morning cleaning the house. It feels excellent to have a clean house. I'm not sure when the last time was that the house in Srisaket was cleaned, sadly enough. I have been looking for the oportunity to deep clean it since I got here. The house is a little weird. It was designed with metal bars on a sliding door all around the house--over every window, door, and opening. Then the outside has a black metal fence and a black metal sliding gate. Indeed, it looks much like a prison. So we opened all of the drapes, cleaned up, opened the sliding doors and let the sun shine into the room. It's refreshing. 
 
Well, I feel like this moves is a time where we need to start focusing on faith again. Naturally without obedience there is no faith. In showing faith we need to pray more, work harder, and give more of ourselves.
 
Work is also part of faith. And work itself seems to have a way of fixing all of the problems. If we know how to work and we do it then we can accomplish almost anything.
 
It seems like the times where we don't really feel prepared to go out and invite are the times when the least people are outside. Then those times where we are prepared and happy and we talk to everybody are the times when people start popping up out of nowhere and there are more people who are outside of there houses, even when it is super super hot--which is often. That I believe is another witness to God's influence in our work.
 
The zone here is progressing. But It's just not yet to it's full potential. One companionship often gets the majority of the results for the week. That shows how much better the whole zone could be doing. But the Lord is blessing us greatly. And as we exercise faith and work work work the Lord will lead us to the things that we need personally and in our areas.
 
I enjoy some of the little things that are "so Thai." Learning a culture completely changes your perspective on how things really are. For instance if you first came into the country without a knowledge of the culture and someone was rejecting you by making excuses or running away or by avoiding you, you might get offended. But if you understand that part of there culture is to avoid rejecting you directly because they are trying to be polite and not hurt your image than you wouldn't get offended because you would understand.
 
I thankyou for your love and letters.
 
I love you and pray for you,
 
--Elder Lilly

No comments: