Apr 26, 2010

everyone says we love Cameron!


Dear Family,
 
The baptism was excellent. I was very impressed and satisfied with what a great sacrament meeting, Sunday School class, and Baptism that we had yesterday. Elder Milton and I both gave a short talk during the baptism and afterwards Nang bore a personal and meaningful testimony. She has seen some miracles in her process of learning the Gospel. Part of her testimony included an experience where she had asked the Priesthood Holders to give her a priesthood blessing of healing. Within three days of the blessing the stone that was in her body had vanished away and she was healed.
 
I feel like our district is catching the spirit of unity.  Elder Elwood helped to teach the investigator class this week. I remember having the feeling of cheer as I was desirous that he would teach with power and with the Spirit. I took part in the lesson and bore my testimony about the restoration of the Gospel. I remember having a similar feeling when Elder Milton came up to talk during sacrament meeting. It feels good to set aside all personal desires and unite to a righteous cause.  In that way we help each other grow. And we help the Branch grow.
 
I suppose we are like sponges. We constantly absorb in the influence of our surroundings. We also have our own influence. That's sort of the miracle of families and relationships that they can have such a positive influence on each other and lead each other upwards to better things.  The more we give the more we have to give.
 
Being a Zone leader involves a lot of travel.  Last Tuesday night Elder Staples and I traveled to Bangkok by train to renew our visas. Then we went straight to Surin to interview investigators.  Finally we came back to Srisaked for a night only to meet back in Ubon for more interviews and to switch back with Elder Pituporn and return to Srisaket the next morning. But, before Elder Staples and I went to Ubon we came to a large Neighborhood to invite people to come study the Gospel with us. We got some phone numbers and set up a few appointments. Yesterday Elder Pituporn and I went to teach one of the investigators that we had invited in that neighborhood. It turns out that that investigator invited most of the Neighborhood to come and learn with us too. So we ended up teaching a lesson to about six or seven people who came to learn with us. We'll go back to visit them again next tuesday. :)
 
That sunday we had seven baptisms in our Zone.
 
So that was one of our little adventures this week. On Sunday we had another Branch Council meeting. Perhaps some people feel like we have too many meetings in the church but it seems to me that the reason for all of the meetings is similar to the reason for the law of Moses. Many people come to a meeting just to fulfil the requirements of the Law. Then they miss out on the spiritual purpose of the law. If we understood and obeyed the spirit of the Law then the meetings would be short, productive, and uplifting experiences. Therefore, don't ever get descouraged about church meetings. But remember our purpose as a member of the Church and as sons and daughters of God.
 
 
Thanks for the great letters. I'm looking forward to hearing from Michael about his experiences. I really do love each of you and hope the best for you.
I would like to ask for a record of how our family ancestors were first introduced to the Gospel. It would be useful to share for some of the future first generation members that we are teaching.
 
Also if anyone were wondering what a good gift would be for my birthday... I don't know. Something tasty from home is always good. Aaron's and Nana's present was pretty sweet. I liked the pajamas... so soft.
 
Love ya,
 
-Elder Lilly

No comments: