Dear Family,
Thanks for the pictures (from Crystal).
I was able to print the article that you sent. I really enjoyed that talk.
Life as a Zone Leader is quite different from life as a District leader. Personally, I really enjoyed being a district leader. I felt like my district was like my little family here in Thailand. We were blessed with many mighty miracles in our District. As a zone leader, our influence isn't quite as personal, but we do get to switch-off with every companionship each moves. One week of being a zone leader was good. Next week will be even better. There are five districts in the Ubon Zone, and ten companionships (that's a lot).
Right now I am serving in Eastern Thailand which is much different than Central Thailand. The majority of the people speak Isan/Lao, which is a different dialect of Thai. Luckily most people speak the central Thai language as well. The Isan tones are way different than the Central Thai tones.
Elder Piduporn and I switch-off with other districts about twice each week. The furthest district away from us takes about four to five hours of travel time to get there. So... we do a lot of traveling.
I really like how that after we had set a vision for our zone, and set a vision together as a district, that immediately the atmosphere changed and we noticed how the Lord was preparing a way for the vision to be accomplished. When we gathered together for our normal district meeting we opened with a song and a prayer. But there was a special feeling of unity and strength as we knelt together one more time and prayed specifically for help in setting the vision for our area. I feel like the Lord accepted our prayer and the vision that we set together was revelation concerning the potential of our area. Now we have a written vision, goals, and plans that we will follow. It's a good feeling.
The Church is true!
As I was studying Preach my Gospel I noticed that in the Scriptures all of the Prophets testified of Christ. Naturally, they would. But even if they were explaining another principle of the Gospel they always testified of Christ. Sometimes as missionaries when we go out and invite it's tempting to sort of advertise the Book of Mormon (which we give out for free) and miss out on the opportunity to testify of Christ. But really, without Christ the book of Mormon would be nothing. But as we testify of Christ in connection to the Book of Mormon or vise verse, then we have more of an opportunity to invite with the Spirit and with Power.
I am enjoying my time here while it lasts. Thailand is a great place. They call it "The land of smile." I think that's very appropriate. Especially since most people struggle to pronounce the "s" at the end of a word.
Keep on working hard every day. I love you all,
-Elder Lilly



No comments:
Post a Comment