Mar 1, 2010

Dear Family,

Sunday was another excellent Sabbath day. Tia and Mint were confirmed members and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Elder Tom and I were super busy after church preparing for ward counsel meeting and other events. During ward counsel we reviewed the progression of the five families that we selected to go out and help. As a missionary we help in teaching less active families too. But now we will no longer teach any less active families other than the ones that we receive from ward counsel meeting. That puts even more necessity to getting the system working properly because it's up to the members to visit these families first and then go with us to teach them together.

One important thing that I've learned from my mission is missionary work. I realize how uninformed I was about missionary work, missionaries role, member's roles and how the system is supposed to work.  Now I understand.  Now I can support the system.

We're pretty close to getting home teaching up and going.

After church on Sunday we went out with Brother O and taught a new family of 3. During the lesson the father and the mother set a goal to get Baptized. They are started off on the path of righteousness. That rocks.

I love after reading the scriptures and applying them in my work how applying the scriptures helps me to understand them even more. It puts new meaning to the scriptures. One thing that I've learned to do is to analyze what I did during the day and ask myself what the Lord wanted me to learn from each of the different experiences that I've had. Sometimes the investigators that we had been teaching for a while stop progressing. Sometimes that happens to the point that we need to stop teaching them completely. But after every time and every lesson when we analyze how it went there's always something that we learned from teaching them. We get better and better at analyzing and teaching.

It's been quite an adventure teaching Tia. I watched how his family helps to take care of him. They use several different techniques and tricks that help improve his memory and his health. They use an assortment of herbs such as Alfalfa instead of medicine. Their family doesn't have a job but the Lord really does take care of them. They put their trust in the Lord and they do only His work. They are good examples of applying the Gospel truths into their lives.

Elder Tom and I were were making dinner together. Elder Tom was impressed at all of the different sauces that I made from mixing ingredients that we had around the house. He started making his own. His tasted like top romin.

Love Ya
Elder Lilly

No comments: