Dear Family,
Thanks for the words from Elder Busche's talk. That was an answer to my prayer for help. If you could send me a copy of the talk that would be very appreciated.
Being on a mission has helped me to maintain an Eternal perspective. It has helped me to notice the times that I am the most happy. It has helped me to prepare for the obvious difficulties that are coming up ahead. As I walk through the neighborhood I have opportunities to see all kinds of people and their life styles. I know which kind of life style I want to maintain. I know that the only way to truly be safe and receive a fulness of joy is through obeying the promptings of the Spirit.
I like Joseph Smith's teachings about revelation. He said that we need to obey the first promptings of the Spirit until a principal of revelation has developed in us. He also added that we should wake up every morning and dedicate ourselves to the Lord.
I believe that every moment of life is a trial that is pointing us to Eternal life. If we ask ourselves always what is it that God want's me to learn from this experience, then I believe our progression will accelerate much faster. I believe that the Lord can do mighty miracles. The Lord created the Earth, He created us, Through His Spirit He knows everything and has influence everywhere at the same time. Some of these things are hard to wrap our minds around, but that's okay. The Lord has given us His Spirit as our guide. That's pretty special.
I hope that our family will focus on an Eternal Perspective. Because today is a part of Eternity. And there's nothing else more satisfying, exalting, sacred, exciting our real than obeying God and His Holy Spirit.
Lets not waste time.
Love,
Elder Lilly



No comments:
Post a Comment