Mar 25, 2009

I want to eat some American cake.

Dear Families,

I get packages only on 2 times per moves which 2 times are one week apart. Therefore you can calculate the exact two dates that those two times will be. The first time is always on the Thursday of moves meeting and the second time is the week after which is zone conference. Moves meeting is always on Thursday. Moves are about one and a half months long. This moves meeting is on April 16. (Next moves is May 28 then July 9 then August 20 etc.)
So I will get the package in another three weeks. But don't let this 2 times per 2 1/2 months discourage you from sending packages my way. I get them... eventually.

Last week I was disappointed as we went to a different internet shop which blocked us from viewing any pictures that were sent. I'm never going there again. But I can see them now. I have to agree that Justin's Batman cake looks
beautiful.

Also Spencer flying in the air is awesome. My companion said that his feet showing in the air might not be very good to show Thai people. My response was "He's flying!"

I have another challenge to bring to mind. This challenge is founded on the principal of sacrifice. Since the beginning of man, God has asked us to sacrifice to become more like the Savior. In our time we are asked to sacrifice a broken heart and a contrite spirit. But as sacrifice brings blessings and shows faith, we also have the opportunity to make special sacrifices. Just like the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's buried their swords as a testimony and a promise of their sacrifice, even their lives, so that they could be forgiven and become closer to Christ, we can also make special sacrifices (so long as they are congruent with the will of God) to receive special blessings. So the challenge is to prayerfully consider something that you will sacrifice (something that is holding you back from being more Christlike, obedience, maybe something that you like but would be better off to give up, maybe your time) and pick a blessing or a need in your life that will bring you closer to our savior and take this sacrifice in prayer and make a covenant with the Lord that you are willing to make this sacrifice and ask for these special blessings. As we make special sacrifices we will be blessed, even with what we ask for. Just don't ask astray :)

I was reading in my patriarchal blessing and considering some of the blessings that the lord has promised me according to my obedience and my faithful service. I think that sometimes it seems like we make such great sacrifices, yet really in the end we always get more than we give. I can promise that.

Anyway, that's me challenge.

Sounds like I'm going to come home to a whole new generation in the family. yaaay I'm excited!

As far as Thailand's economy/government is concerned there are two major rebellious groups the Red shirts and the yellow shirts. Setthakit yeh (The economy is terrible).
There's tons of Thai people who do nothing but work all day and hardly sleep at all. One of my investigators got really sick because he drives a Taxi all night with out any breaks and then he wakes up early and drives some more( but he's awesome and he's read in the Book of Mormon up to Alma 47 since I met him). There's not too many people who sell "things" because not very many people buy "things". Selling food is much more lucrative.

President Typ told me about being a true Thai person. He was explaining how about 70% of the people are satisfied with a sabbay life, a care free problem free life. These people aren't very willing to change. They are not looking to change and they take a long time to accept the Gospel. Then there the people who actually choose to do bad, to steal, who made the wrong choices in life. There are only a few from these people who are ready to accept the Gospel. But a true Thai person is the kind of person who will spend hours to carve a master peace just to share. The kind of person that chooses good and seeks good things, who knows all of their neighbors, the kind of people that are easy to love. These are the true Thai people. They are also the people who are seeking the Gospel.

I love the Thai people.

I also like how everybody has a motorcycle. I don't know why but it's fun.

I am so thankful for everybody's prayers on my behalf. This moves has been a real challenge and opportunity to grow and learn. It's been a huge test of patience as well. But I am really happy as I feel the spirit in the work.

I love you guys,
Elder Lilly

No comments: