Mar 17, 2009

Dear Family,

This past week was interesting. One day we had every single one of our appointments cancel at various points throughout the day so we ended up staying out in the fiery steam of Thailand's classic weather... Hot and Humid, and in an area that has very few reasons to go outside, so as you might imagine it wasn't a very conducive environment for missionary work. At the end of the day we visited a Burmese family in an apartment full of illegal residence. We seem to be running into a lot of Burmese people lately.

Right now I am trying to help my companion to have more confidence. He's a very smart and capable person, and he does well when he is comfortable. But he lacks confidence. And he struggles with the language. This week has been an interesting lesson for me as I try to find ways to help him and to progress forward in the work. I think that as long as we are working towards progression and repenting quickly of our mistakes that we will find success in the process. I've learned a lot about faith, charity and the Spirit.

I love in Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel the activity that explains the feelings of the Spirit. I think there are times that we feel the Spirit strongly and we hold onto those times that we recognize that feeling, while perhaps other times we are impressed by the spirit without knowing the source of our impressions. As I learned, the feelings of comfort and joy also come from the spirit. I have felt a lot of joy and happiness in my life time. There has been plenty of times when I have been impressed by a scripture or I have felt encourage to repent or keep the commandments better. There have been lots of times where I have felt the need to humble myself and be more patient and submissive. These feelings all come from the Spirit too. After learning about this I feel like I have felt the promptings of the Spirit much more in my life than I ever realized before.

So I would like to ask which of Brother Trazdahl's dishes were his favorite? And are there any other meals he suggests? If you guys download the program that lets you type Thai script then I could type the actual names/spellings of these words. My key board is lovely equipped with script letters. Although in my experience with Thai food, there's a general flavor to the dish but no two cooks make one meal exactly the same. There's phadthay that is way sweet with some peanut sauce and shrimp and then theres the phadthay that is not sweet and it's loaded with sprouts.
Oh man I love gangmatsuman. I just recently tried khawbugapi. Mhhhmmm
Love you gtg
Elder Lilly

No comments: