Dear Mom and Dad,
I've had the opportunity to do a lot of studying about the gospel and other things. Mostly I try to prepare the lessons I am going to teach for the day but then after that I have some to read in the Scriptures and ponder about the many things that God has revealed to us. I love reading the articles from Elder Joseph F. Smith. Something I am really working on right now is making my prayers more simple and meaningful, asking for things that I need, and giving thanks throughout the day for the blessings that I received. I have seen the difference in the power and strength of prayers when they are expressed with deep thought and feelings and ended with trust and confidence in receiving an answer. And if we are innocent and pure and ask for that which is good then we do receive.
I want to express just a very small portion of the gratitude that I feel for you, Mom and Dad. I learned well from your examples. I've seen and felt how much you've sacrificed and how much more you are willing to sacrifice on my behalf. Thank you so much. I can't wait to raise my own family in a home of strength, security and prayer. Similar to the Sons of Helaman, I can not doubt that my parents knew it. I can't sufficiently express the slightest bit of what I feel. I will always cherish the time I have spent learning from you. In the here and now you can rest assured that you're influence on your Son has helped him to be happy and has led him to trust in God like you have trusted and to share these things with others. Happiness cannot be found without sacrifice. Oh then how great is the happiness that is found in the home.
This moves ends tomorrow and I will be moving onto my fourth moves here in Bangkhae. Elder Olinger and Elder Blackhurst will stay as well and we get to bid Elder Miles farewell as he moves on to be the Zone leader in another part of Thailand--we won't know where until tomorrow.
Therefore we also get to greet a new district leader and welcome him to the awesomeness of Bangkhae. I love this area. I still have work to do here.
Elder Olinger and I are doing well. I am told that Elder Olinger has changed a lot from the beginning of his mission. He struggles with communicating with people, specifically in the social aspect. It takes a lot of courage for him to open up and speak to strangers. He is a very intelligent person. He speaks Thai, french, English and Spanish. And he is very very good at using the scriptures in teaching. I am his first junior companion. Elder Miles was explaining how when he first became the senior companion he felt like he had just come in to Thailand for the first time again. Ouch.
I would like to mention that I have seen so many miracles happen on my mission so far. Not too long ago we dropped a lot of our investigators who weren't progressing and we felt weren't ready. The missionaries can only carry investigators so far. We are looking for those people who are willing to change and put trust in God, those people who have followed the promptings of the spirit and are prepared to receive his gospel. Anyone who can be persuaded into the Gospel can be persuaded out of it. They need a witness by the Spirit. We set out one week with a goal to find 15 new investigators. Then we prayed and worked and by the end of the week, and on the last day of the week we met that goal. Right now we have 14 investigators who have a goal to be baptized. I think as we prepare more and focus on every single one of these people with the same special attention that the Lord will give us more than this. And hopefully all of these people will make it up the rough step to baptism and onwards to the end.
Well, I'm out of time. This is an occurrence that is a little to familiar. ;)
Love,
Elder Lilly
Mar 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment