Mar 10, 2009

For your viewing pleasure... yes Crystal, it's here!

Dear Family,

Today I don't have a lot to say. Mostly because these pictures took so long to upload and manage and what not.

Today I want to talk about our vision of the future. Because, this week we were inspired by President Dodge to consider creating one. He asked us to prayerfully consider our vision for 25 years in the future, 5 years in the future, and the last day of our missions. This has been quite a productive activity for me. Where do I want to be, what do I want to become? I considered my potential. After careful consideration I then thought about what I can do now to fulfill my vision. I'm way excited!
God's plan for us and our purpose in life is to become like Him. God is the source of happiness. Happiness is a gift from God. Happiness is also a choice. The commandments are the way that we earn that gift and the way that we become more like God. Why then do we sometimes resist his commandments? The more we submit ourselves to His will the more access to his strength we have. Man's extremity is God's opportunity. If we are keeping the commandments then we can always choose to be happy.

So there's just a few thoughts.

I challenge everyone at home to consider their vision of the future. What do you want to become? How do you want to be? What do you want to be doing? Don't be weak in your vision. Be hopeful! Are we obeying enough to be blessed with more commandments and personal revelation?
We are Children of God! We have so much potential. Thailand has so much potential. So, remember, 25 years, 5 years and then 1 year or at the end of the school year. What are you going to do now to accomplish your vision? Stay on the path and review weekly.

Enjoy the Pictures,
Love,
Elder Lilly

P.S. Sorry I haven't sent more than E-mails for a while.

P.S.S I hope you are all reading and praying in personal time each day. I ask that a lot from my investigators. It has a powerful influence.

No comments: