Dear Family,
Hooray for Suzanne! She has already experienced April fools in this baby business, it would only be fitting to have the baby around this time. :p
Sorry that MY letter is off so late, or perhaps so early in the morning of the next day (for you). Today we went out tiawing (exploring) a Buddhist wat (Temple). We also explored the king's palace a bit. It is the kind of place that you read about in books and see pictures of in postcards. There was quite an assortment of languages being spoken. I felt just a little bit out of place when Elder Blackhurst and I entered the Buddhist shrine and we sat down marveling at the enormous and intricate designs all over the walls while people were bowing and worshiping the Buddhist statues around us. We didn't stay in there for too long. I would love to come back with family and view it all together. Yet, the place is very dead to the spirit.
I would like to throw out a good Amen to brother Traasdahl. Especially about the deliciousness of naam doek and Thai fruit. And the waxy un-arroyness (undeliciousness) of Thai Khanoms (candy). Some Thai candy is squishy and green, then throw in some coconut butter juice with it and you've got slimy too. mmmhhmmm I'll have to get a picture of some sometime. (also I like brother Traasdahls spelling of gueteo. I never know how to spell these Thai words with the English Alphabet.)
As far as moves is concerned I am going to move soooon. But I haven't moved yet. I will move after the Thai water holiday on April 16.
Sorry for the shortness of this letter. I have noooo time. We might come and finish writing in the morning. I'll have to ponder about a birthday wish list. :D
Love you all,
Elder Lilly
P.S. Does Michael still rock the backboard?
Do ya?



No comments:
Post a Comment