Dear Family,
This week has been really great. The work is progressing on. And I just feel like the Lord is blessing us and the Zone that we are responsible over. Yesterday evening we were traveling on our bikes in the overcast when it started to rain. I said a prayer in my heart that the Lord would allow the rain to help us in the work somehow. We went a little ways further out when the rain picked up even more. I decided that we needed to stop to the side for a second in order to put my things away into a plastic bag for protection. When we stopped on the side of the road Elder Booth asked one of the owners of a small shop for a bag for his things. We just happened to have stopped at the same shop of a man that we invited yesterday. We had set an appointment with him for today in the afternoon. He invited us to sit down in front of his shop. As we sat down waiting for the rain to stop we talked to him about the Gospel. He said that he wanted his friend to come sit down too, and in a few minutes she came and did sit down with us. After that miracle had happened we continued on and soon the rain started again. This time our possessions were already bagged up and protected, so we said a prayer together and moved on talking to everyone we saw as we went. Despite the rain, we found another three families and set appointments with them for this evening and tomorrow. The Lord is truly merciful.
I feel even more blessed to have been raised by such awesome and good parents. I feel grateful for your great sacrifices on my behalf and for your teaching me the Gospel and correct principals. I rejoice in the happiness that comes from the Gospel and righteous living. I feel sickened by many of the things that I've seen people do and say. Sometimes it's refreshing to just talk to one of the members of the church who seem so much happier and full of light than what I normally see. I also feel grateful for all of my loving siblings and their different personalities.
Yesterday (Sunday) we taught the first lesson to Sister Nok after her confirmation into the church. We taught her with the Elder's Quorum President and the Relief Society President. They were so welcoming and they shared their testimonies and willingness to help out. Nok seems pretty excited to share the Gospel too. We invited her to help us teach another investigator and their at their house.
Love,
Elder Lilly
Happy Birthday to Nanna Pooh! 23 Already. Happy Birthday to Eli too! Born just a little bit after Diana. :p



No comments:
Post a Comment