Dear Family,
Another school year is starting. That's pretty crazy.
Last letter I forgot to wish Jennifer a Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday Jenn! I'll get to Celebrate Michael's Birthday pretty soon too. August 13 is my two year mark as a missionary! I remember the number thirteen was also my cubby number in kindergarten.
This past week has been great. Elder Booth and I had the opportunity to talk to our Branch President and ask him how his work was going and how we could help him. We were able to give him some good suggestions and he was very grateful for them. I'm excited for the new changes that he has made.
Speaking of changes, I remember when President Smith came out with big changes in how we do missionary work and watching the missionaries who were returning home look disappointed that they couldn't be a part of them. Ironically there are some very big changes coming up soon. They have changed the way that they teach missionaries in the MTC a bit too. That will be good for Brandon. :) President Smith informed us and trained us on how we will apply these new changes in the Thailand mission. He said that we will help to start that "Legacy" just before we go home. And when I say we I mean about two thirds of the current zone leaders. In two moves (this one and next one) about that many of the zone leaders will have been replaced. Some of the things that we learned through trial and error and by the Spirit they have analysed and will start teaching new missionaries. And the great thing is that all of the principals for these things are in Preach my Gospel already. Truly Preach my Gospel is "the way" to do missionary work.
We recently taught Sister Nok who just got baptized. We taught her about missionary work. She wants to be a missionary! She said that she would pray about it. There is another sister in our Branch who is preparing to be a missionary and she just happened to walk in and help us teach. We weren't expecting that. The Lord is in the details of our lives.
Keep being awesome and working hard.
Love,
Elder Lilly



No comments:
Post a Comment