Dear Family,
Another moves has passed away. To my great excitement I get to stay in Korat with Elder Tom and my same old district. This next moves will be seven weeks instead of six. Thus far I have stayed in all of my assigned areas for four moves each. That's very lucky, I think.
Conscerning the matter of going home early or not, I will definitely take you're advice, pray about it, and re-read my patriarchal blessing. Actually I had just re-read it this morning. What a blessing my patriarchal blessing as truly been. It is full of personal instructions that I needed. It's exciting to read, every time. It's my own personal chapter of scripture.
I would like to share a short experience from yesterday (sunday evening). Well, firstly we had an effective branch councel meeting after church where we worked according to God's method that he revieled to the Church leaders. I promised the branch leaders that blessings would come to our branch because we worked according to God's instructions, whatever those instuctions were. We set plans for each of our goals and assigned names for each task. I'm sure that it will give good results.
Afterwards Elder Tom and I had the opportunity to teach one of the recent converts in the ward. His name is Brother Wii-wat. We had a special experience teaching him in which we felt the Spirit very strongly. Halfway through the lesson we asked him about his testimony about how he knows that the Gospel is true. He pointed out the feelings that he was feeling right then. He said this is how I know. And the feeling was specialy strong.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple. And it is true. It was so clear and obvious to us then, and it still is now. Now that we know we can increase our testimonies as we go to church and then go out and help others to know too so that they can experience the same blessings from God.
We made sure to record our experience in our journals.
There are many special experiences that come from serving God, and especially for full time Missionaries. The principles are all very simple and true. They apply to everyone.
I just feel grateful that the Lord has answered my prayers and your prayers for me. I feel grateful that the Lord has used me as a tool in His hands. I know that the blessings that I recieved weren't brought because of any great worthiness of myself. And they surely came from God. Thank you all for you're prayers for me.
I sent a package out to you guys by slow boat. It will probably come sometime around next month. Theres something in it for Nana and Aaron too.
Keep working hard!
Love,
Elder Lilly
P.s. I miss Jenn too
One more thing: The weather is great right now. Not stormy, not tooo hot, definitelly not cold.
One more thing: The girls don't get to do girls camp here, but they have other activities that the Branches hold.
One more thing: Don't get a rooster. Dogs are trouble.
One more thing: I like spider monkeys... because spiders are cool.
Feb 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment