Jan 25, 2010

Grandmas Fudge. Aweyeahhh

So,

I got the Fudge. It was the sweetest and most delicious treat that I have tasted since the last batch of fudge that grandma sent a year ago. Thanks Grandma.

Also I got the Card and it is signed and ready to go.

It's exciting to hear that the weather is cool and crazy back home. The more I hear about the weather changes the more I think about what the Prophets have prophecied the last days will be like. And just like it was prophecied, so it really is.

Speaking of distant future events. Last week I was confronted by an interesting decition that we need to figure out by next week. My scheduled time to go home is Sep. 3rd. That's after school starts up already. My group has the opportunity to go home a moves early in order to catch the new semester or stay here and miss it. Most of my group is planning on catching the new semester... infact I'm pretty sure all but Elder young is planning on staying. Personally, I don't mind missing a semester and staying till Sep. 3rd. If I did go home a moves early, then I would come home around the end of July.  What parental advice would you give?

I have a question for Braden... What is a Gibbon?

Last sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about our life on earth and the Spirit World. I find it interesting to study about the purpose of life and happiness. It seems like the Lord has shown us through the scriptures who He is and how He will react to our obedience. The Lord loves us and always want's us to be happy. He gave us commandments so that we can be happy. That leaves being happy up to us.
I've been enjoying reading the scriptures and marking only the parts and verses about Jesus Christ.  It's helped me to see more clearly how everything is focused on Him. It's helped me to understand who He is more. And that's a sweet blessing, especially everytime I pray.

Last Saturday one of the Lord's investigators that we are teaching was interviewed for Baptism. He is 87 years old. He's great. I'm sure interviewing wasn't easy for him. We are going to teach him for about one or two more weeks before he will be completely ready for Baptism.
His family are members and they are super supportive. I'm sure he'll make it. It's been a pleasure teaching him.

I'm amazed at how rare it has rained where I have been assigned. In other areas it's flooded and they have pictures of water up past their Bicycle tires. I still think that the Sun followed me around the World.

How's Brandon's dream journal going?

Elder Tom and I are going to go visit a member who plays the guitar at restaurants for his job. He just moved in to a new house with a friend. That member (Brother Frog) is going to learn about the Restoration with us. It's a small house, maybe if his friend is home...
Next time we'll come back and teach more about Joseph Smith and how to gain a testimony.

I love you all very very very much times two,

Elder Lilly


P.S. Ready, setty, spaghetty...

No comments: