Dear Family,
This past week we have been exceedingly busy. We have had appointments layed out for every hour of the day until it's time to go home. Although not all of the people that we have visited were open hearted to the message that we came to offer, the Lord has blessed us greatly with a lot of work. I can think of a few factors that have helped us to be ready for such blessings. The first is that we are working towards 100% obedience. The book says to brush our teeth everytime we leave the house... so we brush our teeth. However big or small, we are trying to obey it. Another factor that I think is important is that we have done our best to keep track of, and contact, and remain consistent in our work with our investigators. We are treating each person as if they are a sacred responsability. Some of the investigators that we taught last week, we first invited a few weeks ago. We kept in contact until they were actually available for us to go visit. I'm sure there are several other factors involved but I feel like these few have been the extra consistent effort that brought us the success that we hope for.
I'm glad to hear your goals. I rejoice in the blessings and the excitement that comes from personal progression. And the great thing is that the more we progress the less we think about ourselves. And the more we think of others the faster we progress. It is God's work to bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man. As we come closer to God we come closer to fulfilling our purpose in life. God want's to help us, we just have to choose.
Tomorrow is Zone conference and I already have gotten a glimps of what's comming up. President Smith is going to give us all new Book of Mormons. He is going to ask us all to re-read the Book of Mormon one more time and highlight every verse that talks about Christ with one color. Then, re-read the book again and highlight every verse that talks about the Gospel. And again with other subjects. Something like that. I remember seeing such a suggestion in Preach My Gospel. I am excited to try it out. I'm sure that it will be a valuable activity.
Over the past week I've been doing my best to use the Book of Mormon while inviting. It's been pretty effective.
Elder Tom is doing very well. He's been one of my favorite companions to work with so far. :) He's jumped right into missionary work like a
champion. It really isn't hard. It just takes willingness, desire, and love.
Thailand is as awesome as ever. Asian people sound funny when they speak english with an accent, but when they are speaking their own language then they are normal. It's interesting to see how the Spirit works with people. Language is not a barrier to the Spirit.
I'm trying out all of the different kinds of food that I can while I can. A few days ago I even had a meal that Elder Tom has never had before. Khaw Pat Plaa (fried fishrice as aposed to fried rice with fish). He said it was weird. I agree. But we both agreed that it was okay. At least it was edible. Fish is tasty.
Keep on being awesome!
Love,
Elder Lilly
Jan 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment