Hello....
So, tomorrow I am moving. Where to? I have no idea. The members in Ayutthaya have been so nice. They all want to feast with me before I leave, and some of them bought gifts for me.
--------I'll be back but I need to switch places....
...so,
Today is a bit hectic. I just finished shopping and I got a hair cut. This morning I did a bunch of packing. Every sixth week on the Wednesday before moves we hold a special English class that we call showcase night. During showcase we review the things that we taught over the past six weeks, play games, and have treats. Today we are preparing a sort of scrabble type game that requires you to dunk your hand in icy water to pull out letters with which your group competes against other groups to put the letters into words. Then the winning teams will lead the next activity where the groups race against each other to answer the English questions and then eat a donut (or apple) on a string. I hope that they will enjoy it. If not, I will eat all the donuts.
I am way excited for Conference, although I won't get to watch it until the tenth/eleventh of October (happy birthday Kara!). I could never fall asleep during Elder Scott's talk, because he is one of my favorite speakers, even though his voice is so soothing.
Concerning the Guitar, I received the money, I just need to find a good safe way to send it. It will take me a bit to find a suitable... basket. Or box.
One of the interesting things about studying the scriptures is how my perspective changes after I learn more. I think that the more I learn the clearer and truer the things that I teach will be which will then create a better atmosphere for the spirit to confirm the things that I am teaching. I like to read from the Doctrine and Covenants doctrine manual on preparation days. I hope everyone back home is reading and studying the scriptures personally. I've noticed from the last conference that the prophets warned about the importance of personal revelation, how that it will be very important for us in our future in the church. Along with enduring with faith through hard times I would say that they are preparing us for hardships to come. The gospel holds a pattern for living which gives us all the strength and direction that we need so long as we follow it.
I'm excited to hear how conference was for you.
I have many more things to do...
I love you,
-Elder Lilly



No comments:
Post a Comment