Dear Family....
This week fleeeeeeeeew by really really fast. I read your e-mails and I think that it's always good to hear that our cousins are still doing activities together often. I think that our cousins are all so awesome and that we are very very fortunate to have such a large family living in close proximity to each other. I think that we can be a great and positive influence on each other.
I'm sure that Mom did an excellent job speaking at church. Sometimes after I teach a lesson to the missionaries, for instance zone conference last Saturday, I am tempted to ask myself the question which is found in the title of a certain hymn called "Have I done any good?" Sometimes It's hard to tell how well we did without getting any feedback. But when you bear your sincere testimony you can never fail.
I would like to pose the question... what would you do if you couldn't fail?
This past week Elder Booth and I have been so busy that we haven't had enough time to even wash our clothes. Don't get the wrong idea, we washed our clothes. But Elder Booth had to take some of his dirty clothes to Yasothorn and then get them washed while we were on switch-offs there. Planning things out is imperative. Without it we would be lost. We plan our days out to the point that we should never have to ask ourselves that question: what should we do right now?
I' ve found that a big part of our lives is our expectations. If we didn't expect to have to do chores on Saturday then when the unexpected chore gets assigned to us then we might not like it. But if you've already devoted your time to doing chores on Saturday then there's no feeling of injustice. I'm sure we've run into that situation before... even though we should always be willing to give up our time. In missionary work it is the same. We set the expectation to teach families, and then we start to see a lot more success in teaching families. We set the expectation for our investigators to get Baptized and then a lot more people get Baptized. And there is no feeling of mistrust nor fear of the unexpected. I'm sure going to church would be scary for the first time, unless they knew exactly what to expect. ...And there's nothing worse than Dad and Mom looking at you in the face with that disappointed expression saying that they expected better of you.
I know that where the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. I've never been afraid of getting a calling on my mission because I am sure that the call comes from God. I wish all of the members understood that divine call and never have a problem with their leaders. And I wish all of the leaders understood that they need to depend on God from whom the call was extended. Life is pretty simple. We need to learn who God is by obeying His voice. And eventually we will have Eternal life.
P.S. What would you say about me getting a suit cut before I return home? It could be around 150-200$



No comments:
Post a Comment