Nov 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Family,

I love serving the Lord. I feel like my eternal perspective has changed. Everyday is full of miracles. Every day at the end of the day I feel grateful that I had the opportunity to learn and enjoy that day. There really is no more satisfying work than this.
I love teaching too. And I love the scriptures. Everyday my companion and I just eat the scriptures up in our personal study and then have enlightening conversations about what we learned afterward.
Quoting Sister Larson: "Does it get any better than this?"
Yesterday we had the opportunity to learn from Elder Pratt from the Quorum of the Seventy and one of the overseers of the Asian sector. I was pleased to find out that we were doing most of his advice in our District already. One thing that he stressed was the importance of having a KNEELING prayer with our investigators as well as with our companions before we leave the house, and every morning and night. We hadn't really had kneeling prayers with our investigators. Usually we would be sitting down criss-cross applesauce on the floor or sitting on a chair. Right after we got back from the conference (which is three hours away from our house) we had a kneeling prayer with one of the recent convert members. He said that it was his first time having a kneeling prayer. Somehow kneeling down automatically opens our hearts or humbles us a bit. It was a good experience. I can't wait to have kneeling prayers with all of our investigators.

So, Happy birthday SPENCER!!!!!!!
and Happy thanksgiving. I really wanted to give you something for your Christmas-thanksgiving-new years-birthday celebration. Unfortunately sending things takes a lot of time. So until then just know that in the spirit of the times I'm thinking of you and celebrating for you on this side of the world.

...And I'm always praying for you.

Love you all,

Elder Lilly

No comments: