Jul 7, 2009

Ooohh (groan) I could use an Ibprofensmoofie

Hey Family....

Things have been pretty crazy out here. My companion Elder Rowley is officially gone and he will be flying home on Thursday. These last few days have been filled with going home preparation activities such as shopping, writing in journals, taking pictures, and packing. Which gave me some time to think, organize, and prepare.
Yesterday our stake had a massive sports day activity. We played various group games as well as soccer (of course), and Basketball. We played for more than half of the day in the open sun and heat. Naturally, we got roasted by the sun. My legs are on fire right now.
Then as we were amongst the fun and games I got a call from President Smith. He asked me to be the District leader in Ayuthaya. So, I'm going from junior companion to district leader. President Smith also asked me to pray about the great responsibility of being a district leader. So, this moves will be a lot of fun and full of new work and responsibility. I'm excited to become fit to the task.
Between sports and the phone call I also met a special friend from Bangkhae, brother Ban! He informed me that he turned his mission papers in about a month ago and he is likely to get his call rrrrrrrreeeeaallly soon. Like me, he wanted to go out of country. But if he does stay in country then I will see him here for sure. Also, he is crazy good at soccerball. Yeah, he was on my team. :D
With all the opportunities to go shopping I've been spotting out some things that would be great to send home that I have only resisted buying. I would love to give everyone something sweet but, well, I personally don't have any money. Sooo, I was wondering who would like me to buy them some gifts and if anyone was willing to donate to their own cause. Just about every time I go to a market I think, oh man, Spencer would love this, or, I wish Michael were here to see this, and even, I wonder what size would fit the girls the best. There are some Thai traditional style clothes (ones that you actually see people wearing) that are pretty much my favorite. We call them Sabaay pants because they are so sabaay. heh heh heh. There's also Mui Thai fighter get up and about any other thing that you can think of they have. The Sabaay pants that I was looking at were about 5$ each. The Mui Thai getup is more like 9$ each for the real stuff. Most watches and things of that nature are about 3$ The more expensive ones are 6$ to 9$. I was looking at a guitar for 60$, it was a beauty too. But you know, that's all the worldly un important stuff. :)
For my last thoughts I want to share a little experience I had while I was kneeling down and saying my nightly prayers. I started out asking for blessings for our family but I felt like I needed to pray for everybody by name. As I did so, I asked for specific blessings for everyone and even though I don't know exactly what is going on at home I felt like what I asked for is what you guys needed. I know that the Lord is in the details of our lives and he Loves us.
I'll talk to you all later, and we'll get to see who our new companions are.
I love you all!

-Elder Lilly

No comments: