Jul 1, 2009

Badikiria

Dear Family,

I just got back from another trip to Bangkok. As I was reading your letter about traveling to Colorado it wasn't very difficult to imagine the feeling of car sickness. We just got back from Pradu nam which has the giant indoor and street market. Elder Rowley just got a new suit fitted and it looks great. I'm excited for him. I found out that he is going to be designing and selling shirts and pants when he gets home. His Friend's dad is going to be supporting him and now he can get shirts and other things shipped from Thailand. If ever there were a "cool" missionary Elder Rowley would be him. He's got a good eye for that sort of thing.


Last Sunday was a bit strange. A lot of people are getting sick this season. We had about 17 people who usually come to church who didn't and about 4 less-active members who haven't come to church in a long time come back. Also, Elder Willey and I gave talks that Sunday and because of the lack of Priesthood holders us four missionaries blessed and passed the sacrament. Even though that Sunday was a bit abnormal I felt the Spirit strongly as I partook of the Sacrament.

Something interesting is going on in Utah at Elder Willey's house. One of the members from Thailand went and visited his parents and then after that I found out that Elder Hansen who just returned home last moves went and visited his family and now Elder McCoy's family is going to visit them and in a few more days Elder Rowley will be going home and he will go say hi as well. So that leaves you guys, when are you going to say hi?

Anyway, I'm still doing well and working hard. In a few days I'll get to meet President Smith for the first time. Yay!

I don't have much to say this week. I love you guys and I hope you are all working hard and staying happy. You are the best.

Love,

Elder Lilly

No comments: