May 6, 2009

Talk to you this Sunday

Dear Family,

Today I don't have a lot to say. I just feel really grateful for all of the many many blessings that God has blessed us with both noticed and unnoticed. I stared wide eyed at the pictures that Crystal sent of Aaron and Diana. And the pictures of Suzanne, Scott and their Baby.

It seems like every time I come to E-mail I forget what I've done during the week. Hmm. Well, we have an investigator named Oot. He learned all of the missionary discussions before I came here but I have had the opportunity to help him further build faith and receive a testimony. Right now he is a little weak in his conviction and faith. He has a major Buddhist background. He has a testimony of the Commandments and how they help his life but he hasn't yet accepted Jesus as his Savior. When he prays, sometimes he remembers the written Buddhist Priest prayers, because that's whats on his mind, even though he has gotten rid of all of the Idols and other things in his house. He lives with a LDS family, but some of the members aren't very strong and their child has started smoking. Also, he needs to be interviewed by president Dodge in order to help him get baptised. Yet his life has changed so much already from the time that he started learning the gospel, attending church and following the commandments. He is scheduled to get interviewed on the 13 of may. We are going to collectively fast this Saturday evening to help him cast away his doubt and fears and choose faith. When he does I know that the Spirit will enter his life and answer his prayers for an answer.

I hope you all are able to enjoy this great time in life and not get too stressed out from the business.

I have not yet bought a new backpack but I will. My shirts are being cut as we speak.

Due to illness, we have not yet ridden on the Elephants, but it seems that that little part of the adventure is soon to come.

Love you all,
especially Dad,
and Mom,
and Grandma Lilly
(she had a birthday!)

Elder Lilly

P.S. My companion is asking for Thanksgiving recipes. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, rolls, pie, jello. He's quite the chef it turns out, I would love to show him how to make "farang" food.

No comments: