Dec 17, 2008

Email 12-16-08

Dear Family,

Hello! How's Christmas preparations coming along? I received an awesome package from Crystal that had a CD in it with Christmas music (and some other goods). Thank you Crystal! The two new missionaries brought a CD player and our house has some speakers. The mornings are now filled with awesome music that brings in the Spirit. Things are going well in Thailand. I was so excited to bring in the two new Elders and split the area. I think that this moves is going to be the best moves yet! The names of the two new Elders are Elder Miles and Elder Blackhurst. Elder Miles has been serving in Thailand for about a year already, mostly in the east where they speak Laotian. He is way skilled with a piano. Elder Blackhurst was a part of the Thai group under me. He is skilled at speaking Thai already. Bangkae is his first area. We split the area into east and west. Elder Ewing and I are on the west side. We still are teaching Sang and Nah who are getting baptized on the 28th this month. And they are doing awesome.

Elder Ewing and I have been utilizing our gift for singing by singing hymns to Taxi drivers and at other occasions. The power of music is quite amazing. I love the Christmas season for the time to remember the name of Christ and to rejoice in His life that he sacrificed for us. The importance of his birth and mission and the example of giving he set for us is what Christmas is all about. It sort of alarms me when I see people get distracted by Santa Clause. He's kind of become the distraction of Christmas.

But frosty always comes through. :p

A dragon is not measured by his strength but by his courage and loyalty... And by the heat of your flames!

This moves, because of the split, Elder Ewing and I have had a lot more time to go inviting. It's interesting. We bring people exactly what they need, exactly what they are looking for and don't even know it yet. Some people accept it miraculously. Others reject it completely. I believe that if every one truly had their hearts open they would all accept it.
Whats important for all of us is that we are progressing everyday. I pray that we all are continuing to progress. We all have reason to rejoice in Christ. And we are all part of an awesome family with a royal heritage. That's something I think the Thai people understand a lot deeper and easier than I do. Each of them seems to grasp onto the concept that we become Sons and Daughters of God and that we are all His children. Even though some of them are children in their knowledge of the gospel I still learn from them.

Have an awesome happy Christmas! I'm looking forward to the call from Home. I love you all!


Elder Lilly

No comments: