Aug 26, 2008

Email 8-26-08

I have only 18 mins to write....l Go!
So, firstly to mom, the date you sent me is great but I have absolutely no idea if I actually got the shots then or not so I'm not sure if that will be useful or not. Secondly my favorite scripture is Alma 7:23-24

Greetings once again,
I am doing great minus the fact that I have been sick for the past four days. No worries, I'm getting better. It's hard to heal when there's so much going on all the time but I survive. And my companion Elder Bryner helped give me a priesthood blessing. How cool! Elder Bryner is from Delta Utah. I suppose it's more of a hick town area of Utah consisting of a lot of farmers. He however doesn't like the stereotype and is more of a mechanic himself. His dad is an engineer in some kind of place somewhere. I don't remember. But Elder Bryner loves Cars and mountain biking and Cars again.
As for the rest of my room mates Elder Evans and Elder Nelson, they are great people too. We have more of a room mate companionship prayer than a companionship prayer. Elder Evans was assigned the district leader and is appropriately very dull in writing. In fact it seems that nobody else has anything to write about in their journals except me. They always ask me what special happened during the day and I give them a few things and they finish. While I write in my (Novel) book and hurry scurry to get to bed on-time. They all think I'm a riot, since I can quote almost every line from tons of movies and have the impression down "perfectly." Not to mention I am about the opposite from them in most things, for instance... They all want to get married three or four years after their missions, and have kids much later. I want to get married when I get home! And I love kids. :D They don't like writing or singing, I do. They all get diarrhea off of the OJ and I thrive off of it. You see I found the trick to eating the food is that all of the food gives you constipation and bloating and is an intestinal disaster but the Juice counters it! So I drink a balance of juice with the meal and I can survive this MTC food. Crazy huh? Spencer gave me the idea when he told me (way back when) that the rumors of the OJ were true and he drank it every day. heh heh
Anyway, the language is coming great. I have a little story I'll save for my written letter that deals with the language but for now I'm doing well. I agree, us Lillies are just smart! :D
Every Tuesday there's a devotional and I was so fortunate to be here (my first time too) when Elder Oaks came to talk. It was a very, very great lesson on the importance of having the spirit with us all the time, just like the blessing that is promised in the sacrament. Make sure you repent and have the spirit!
Also I watched a movie you all MUST watch okay? that is the challenge, use your craftiness to obtain it. it is called Missions are forever by Jeffrey R. Holland. It will affect you, I'm sure. He is very emotional when he teaches, it's great.

Keep the letters coming I need more lovin'

And I need to hear from MIKE and NANA too!
Love ya

No comments: