Dear Family,
Well, I hope you enjoyed the silly comparisons in my last E-mail. Even though the members are indispensable because of the friendship and support that they provide (much more than the Missionaries), I can never forget the power and authority of the calling of the Missionaries. The Lord truly invests a lot in the missionaries.
Today is the last day of this "Moves." All of the Elders and Sisters in Bangkok will meet together and wish the departing missionaries farewell, introduce the new missionaries and then find out where we are going and who our new companions are. Lastly, the departing missionaries will split up and share some good advice. Then it's good-bye and off to work with the new changes.
My companion, Elder Ewing, is moving tomorrow. The other three Elders in Bangkhae: Elder Miles, Elder Blackhurst and I are staying here for another move. We won't find out who my companion is or where Elder Ewing goes until tomorrow. Until then, we've got a lot of preparation and packing to do today. This move is especially chaotic with one of our senior missionaries going home; specifically the one who managed the money transfers.
Monday was our district meeting as usual. Elder Ewing, being the senior missionary in Bangkhae, is the district leader. This particular meeting was very memorable. We started the meeting by reviewing the progress and experiences that we had from the subject of the week before, namely: how we can find a way to improve our use of the scriptures when we teach and invite; the scriptures being the word of God, the key stone of our religion, the source of testimony, the difference between those who progress and those who don't, and so forth. Instead of having a prepared lesson to teach us all, Elder Ewing opened the opportunity for each of us to do a personal study of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We can never truly understand the Atonement. Because of that, we may not even try to understand it. But, we can never understand the atonement enough. We spent about twenty minutes alone in study. When we came together again we didn't share what we learned personally. Even though I bear testimony every day, for some reason it's different sharing in a small group as we were in as a family of missionaries. That morning I think we rejoiced in Christ the way we should do. After we bore our testimonies and gave thanks, we sang. It was such a great experience, and a good reminder of why we are here and what we are helping people to achieve.
I would like to recommend listening to the music from Michael McClane (Mcclain?) It's a musical play called The Garden. It's about the Atonement.
I'm very grateful for your prayers and Love. Good luck to Diana with her Tonsils (and friends looking at the lack of thereof) :) Reminds me of when we got our wisdom teeth out.
I need to go but I might come back this afternoon.
Love you all!
Elder Lilly



1 comment:
Doesn't anyone else ever comment? I don't know if you get to read them. Well, love to you and keep up the good work. Maybe we will understand the atonement fully in the next life.
Post a Comment