Sep 23, 2008

Email 9-23-08

Dear Family,

It's P-day again! Tomorrow the New Thai Missionaries will arrive... excellent. We made this great plan to great them. I have no Idea if we will actually try it, but the thought is worthy. We found that one of our Elders can fit inside another Elders Travelling Bag. So we thought to bust out the Old Orange dot that marks a new missionary and have one of our Missionaries pretend to be new and smuggle in his friend into the MTC via the Bag. Hahahaha! With a bit of acting skill, and some well placed cameras with recording abilities, it would make for a memorable evening. Like I said the thought is funny... we would never really... right? Anyway.

Since it's faster to write by typing I'll take the liberty of telling you now of My Latest T.R.C experience. This last week was our first Thai only discussion. The TRC is about the Pinnacle of the week, it's the closest thing to real missionary work and it is a marker for what you've learned and are prepared for in the Mission Field. Therefore (future missionaries take note) the Key to succeeding here, besides having the spirit that every missionary depends upon to teach, is preparing everything based off of the TRC from the start of the week; All the way from right after we go to the TRC which is on Saturday and start planning for the week up to the next TRC. I focus the vocab I learn during the week, the phrases I learn, and the lessons I teach based on the TRC from the beginning. I want to be so prepared with the language and my knowledge of the gospel in English that I can focus my teaching while I'm in the TRC teaching investigators based upon the investigators needs. Based on their needs is sort of a phrase that is commonly used here, yet it makes sense. God's love for his children is so great, he knows all of his creations. He teaches them personally through the spirit. As all of us have different strengths and weaknesses, different bodies and thoughts, different personalities, we all need to be taught based on our Needs; our own level.

I heard the conversion story of one of the Members from the quorum of the seventies' wife. During which I could see how God was able to help her through a sweet old lady in a place far far from her home. His wife wasn't a very social person and she liked to travel. She never wanted to get too close to people because then she would form an attachment and want to stay, and she never wanted to stay. Eventually she wanted to go to America. Yet through this Old lady who had lost all but one of her children as they were being born, who was happy and hopeful and had bright blue eyes and red hair like the Child that his wife was helping as she made some money for her travels in the hospital she Personally was able to be brought to the gospel.

Well I'm out of time but I love your letters and I am receiving them. It's quite hard to find time here. Because I'm busy busy working. Love ya.

No comments: