Greetings
I have more experiences to share! Last Tuesday evening Elder Richard G. Scott of the quorum of the twelve was our Devotional speaker. He is amazing! He spoke about seeking diligently to learn by what I hear, see, and feel. And then he admonished us to write down the important thing that were learned and do them. He told us that when we willingly make sacrifices because of deeply held desires on the Lord's behalf, it is then that The Lord is able to help us the most; As we pray we should pray for others. He also taught that when we read and pray and ponder and we receive thoughts and impressions to our hearts and minds and we want to discern if they come from the Lord the likelihood is that they come from The Lord because we are on The Lords errand. And he taught many many more things but I don't have time to write them all. Suffice it to say I was very excited to hear his words and I learned a lot. And when he finished his remarks and his picture drawing of little figures on the projector screen (which is very neat-o) he bore his Apostolic witness and asked how many of us Missionaries had ever had the opportunity to shake an apostles hand. I sure wanted to! And then he told us that tonight he would give anyone who wanted to that chance. 2,300 hands, what a sacrifice. But I got to shake his hand!
Also, as you know, last week I got my flight plans. I fly out from Salt Lake to Los Angeles from 8:10PM-9:08Pm and will have about a 4 hour lay over. I'll be able to call home around 10:00 PM (their time), I think. Then I leave for Taipei, Taiwan and should arrive around 6:35 AM the next day. Then I'm off to Bangkok, Thailand at about 9:20 Am and should arrive around 12:05 Pm on the 29nth. So I leave on the 27 and get there on the 29th sweeeeeet.
(Here's a few more things to ponder that I've learned: the more your audience is able to participate in a lesson the more they exercise their agency and invite the spirit, and one of the strongest gifts that we can give to God is bearing a strong witness of him.)
Love,
Elder Lilly



No comments:
Post a Comment